Norcan Fluid Power – Machinist
Our Winnipeg branch has a permanent, full-time opportunity in our Service Department for a motivated individual at a level 4 apprentice or Journeyman Machinist. Having a mechanical background would be considered an asset. This position will focus on machining parts for hydraulic cylinders and related parts on manual machining equipment. If you have a strong background in manual machining, like to work smart and have a passion for making a difference we would like to hear from you.
Norcan Fluid Power, established in 1974, has emerged as Western Canada’s premier supplier of hydraulic components and expertise with eight locations from Winnipeg to Langley.
Our focus on quality and service is the corner stone of our business. Norcan’s product lines are second-to-none, we sell and service some of the best brands in the industry including, Bosch Rexroth, Gates, ASA Hydraulik, and MP Filtri Canada.
- Minimum of three (3) years machining experience in a heavy industrial environment
- Ability to interpret schematic and layout drawings
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Competency in reading technical manuals and writing service reports
- Weight handling up to 50lbs (23kg)
- Must have own tools
- Custom machining of hydraulic components with various manual machining tools to specified tolerances (with emphasis placed on hydraulic cylinder repair)
- Machining of hydraulic cylinder components with various manual machining tools to specified tolerances
- Thorough documentation of work performed as required
- Perform work as instructed in an efficient manner
- Multitask on different jobs to maintain smooth and efficient work flow
- Communicate in a professional manner with coworkers and customers as required
What we offer
- Competitive wages with Medical & Dental, RRSP Matching
- Paid on the job training
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm regular in-town schedule
Feel free to forward supporting certificates, references, photos of projects you have been involved in, apprenticeship log-books, or any other materials that demonstrate why you are a great candidate!
Interested candidates please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Norcan Fluid Power, we will only contact short listed candidates.