COVID-19 | How we are keeping our customers and staff safe
At Norcan Fluid Power our employees, customers, contractors, suppliers and vendors are of utmost importance to us. Our Management Team would like to inform all of our customers, vendors and suppliers that we are taking the following precautions during the current worldwide pandemic. We continue to monitor the Public Health Agency of Canada and provincial authorities to guide our ongoing response and will implement any and all measures possible to ensure the safety of our professional and personal communities.
Prevention measures in place:
- Encourage regular vigorous handwashing (20 seconds) and use of hand sanitizer often
- Refraining from shaking hands, fist pumps, high fives, hugs or any personal contact
- Clean regularly: disinfectant spray or disinfectant wipes to be used daily on work stations, common work areas, door handles, light switches, water machines, coffee machines, shared kitchen spaces, debit/credit card machines and printer at a minimum
- Maintain social distancing of 6’ minimum at all times, work from home (where possible), stagger lunch breaks, and use remote meeting techniques to avoid face to face meetings
- Limit non-essential visitors to all of our locations and screen them before entry onto site
- Limit non-essential travel
- Have employees work from home whenever possible
- Watch for symptoms: fever, cough, sneezing, sore throat, body aches and difficulty breathing
- We require 14 days of self-isolation for any employee who has been in direct contact with a diagnosed or likely case of COVID-19
- Encourage employees to stay home if sick, send people home who are symptomatic
- Transparency and consistently communicate with all stakeholders
Service Technicians on Customer sites:
Our Service Technicians will follow all Norcan prevention measure while on customer’s site as well as:
- Determine site specific COVID-19 measures in place and follow all customer policies and procedures to control the spread of the virus
- Limit site exposure by maintaining social distance, limit unnecessary interactions, travelling to the specific job in a Norcan truck and avoiding higher risk air travel or public transit
- Practice good hygiene by washing hands and sanitizing throughout the day
- Ensure the service vehicles are disinfected regularly, wipe down and sanitize before and after entering customer site
- Norcan service vehicles will be limited to one Norcan employee per vehicle
Our Technical Sales teams are working from home, contacting and assisting customers by phone, or remotely conferencing in where possible. We are still able to come to your site where it is determined that COVID-19 policies are enacted, ensuring we all stay safe.
Our Parts Department remains fully operational and is doing their part to keep our customers and employees safe. Whenever possible, we ask that customers make requests by phone or email and, where possible, please include pictures, model number and a description of the issue, so we can assess issues safely and efficiently. If you need to visit our shop in person, please understand Norcan is practicing social distancing protocols, and while we are open, we will be keeping entrances locked until further notice. Please call ahead to get a overview of our current COVID 19 protocols and confirm a scheduled visit or follow the instructions posted at entrances on how to gain entry into our branches.
We would ask that if you are feeling sick, or exhibiting symptoms of illness, inform Norcan Fluid Power employees for their safety, and we will make ourselves remotely available to assist you. During this time we are doing everything we can to ensure the continued safety of our employees both at work, on site and at home.
We are committed to operating with the safest possible methods during this time and will do everything in our power to keep our customers up and running during this challenging time.